Sunday, April 10, 2011

Patiently Waiting

I'm beginning to see lots of tilled gardens around, but very few with anything planted. And that's for good reason. We stopped by to see my grandparents today, and their neighbor had already put out a few tomato plants. They were much bigger than my sproutlings. My grandmother said he bought plants and quickly informed me that the tomatoes had already been "frosted on" twice. As antsy as I am, I am waiting for April 18. I hope to get our raised beds built and filled this weekend and then start hardening off my tomatoes. They're already starting to grow their true tomato leaves!It looks like my basil may not make it. Almost all of the sproutlings have taken a turn for the worse with a potential 2 survivors. We will see how they fare.

On a more positive note, I saw our first farmer's market of the spring today. I didn't know it was starting back up so soon, and it looks to be much more lively than last year as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment